Hoppa till innehåll
Anime.se

Swedish anime events

Bemmu

Rekommenderade inlägg

Hi there anime.se people.

I'm a 26-year old guy from Finland. I have lived in Japan, translated some books into Finnish, but now I am in Finland again and mostly just selling books I bring from Japan (like Gothic & Lolita, Silver Fang etc).

I tried selling some books at an event in Finland and it was a great success. I don't know if people in Sweden would buy anything from me because jag talar inte svenska, but I thought I could nevertheless try attending an event as a seller.

Can you recommend any events happening in 2007?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

The largest event is by far Uppcon in Uppsala north of Stockholm. It has so far taken place two times a year and they have announced that it's likely that there will be one in the first half of 2007

http://uppcon.com/

(apparently the site doesn't have an english page yet, even if there is such an option) :P

There is an e-mail link there too, where I think you could mail and ask about your idea: daniel@uppcon.se

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

Let me just get one point straight.... It's a convention, where most people like anime and manga. I doubt that most people actually gets their hands on their favorite shows in Swedish, meaning that they should have common sense with english, as I doubt they download their anime/manga or import it in Japanese. ;)

So when it comes to youngsters, except the youngest (13-ish?), should be somewhat adept at communicating in english. Heck, I can't even count how many words we've "borrowed" from the english and use in our language in the first place.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

Heck, I can't even count how many words we've "borrowed" from the english and use in our language in the first place.

It's not half the amount of words we've borrowed from German or French, though.

Most Swedes are fluent enough to at least get the point of a shop, so no worries about that. You're probably welcome at any sort of event if you can come. Do note though, that there are a lot of conventions where people don't come to buy stuff, so as a shop you're best off on the biggest ones, and that means Uppcon in Uppsala. For Uppcon, you can count on at least about a thousand attendees, the rest can be anything between less than a hundred to about three hundred.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter