Hoppa till innehåll
Anime.se

Manhwa eller Manwha?

GinGirl

Rekommenderade inlägg

Vet inte om detta stod i en tråd, jag tror det, jag letade... Men fann inget, gomen. m(_ _)m <--- bug smiley.

Heter det Manhwa eller Manwha? På baksidan på I.N.V.U så står det Manhwa så, då måste dem väl ha rätt? Många andra av mina kompisar säger Manwha dock...

Någon som vet vilket som är "rätt" och "fel"? ;) Tror själv mest på Manhwa... Man kanske kan fråga en korean.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

Redan postat detta i tråden "koreansk manga":

We want to ask about the terminology. Korean comics in the U.S. have been called a number of things, spelled a number of different ways. We've standardized our use over the past year to m - a - n - h - w - a. I've also seen manwha. Some people just call it Korean manga. I'm curious about your decision in your release and for your launch to use manhwa. Why was that choice made, and how do you feel about calling it manhwa versus manga?

Ko: It's the same thing. I myself do comic books. When we did our first book, the experience we had was, are we doing a comic, or are we doing a manga? When we talk about launching this, what are we going to call this? I've been having friendly discussions online with a lot of people about this. Essentially it's the same word. It means comics. Manga, manhwa, no matter how you spell it... How the Koreans do it is hwa. It's not always the same, it's just slightly different phonetics. If you look at it, it's all written the same. All the Asian people read the same two words. It means comics. It's just comics. It's the difference between Kleenex or tissue paper. They brand this thing. A lot of people say, "you have a Kleenex?" They mean do you have a tissue paper. It's kind of like now when they brand manga as Japanese comics, because it's a format. It's black and white, it has more pages than the standard American comic. That's how they do it. We feel a distinguished difference between Korean content and Japanese content. They're similar enough, but deep down there are many differences. I think Japanese manga is more catering to the commercial market. I know a lot of Japanese creators and they always talk to me about, "I really want to do this project, but I have two other projects first. The editor wants me to put more panty shots in there, more sex." I know for a fact that happens in Japan. But in Korea the editors work with the creators to see what they want to do. The creators only like to do things that they're personally attached to. The creators feel like a call out to the readers as to their personal experience of this particular subject.

We understand all those words however spelled mean comics. So why did you make the choice manhwa?

Lee: This was decided by the Korean government.

Ko: I don't know if you know the booth over there, it's actually a government paid project. The Korean government is very into promoting comics as a medium, not as something that's just for kids. They're very involved. This particular spelling is official.

Interview with ICE Kunion, Part 1 - http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/7323.html

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

Ah, okej. Tack. Jag som trodde jag hade läst igenom den tråden ordentligt. >_< Aja... Alla gör vi våra, misstag... ;)

Tackar för informationen... Man blir lätt förvirrad när så många stavar olika.

Zaphod: Jo, jag vet. Men det kan ju vara bra att veta exakt hur koreanerna stavar sitt ord för "serie". ;P

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter