Hoppa till innehåll
Anime.se

Rekommenderade inlägg

Det har släppts en kort teaser till Isao Takahata:s kommande film Kaguya-hime no Monogatari (The Tale of Princess Kaguya) som är inspirerad av folksagan The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter. Efter den en poster för filmen. Om det behövs, klicka på bilden för att få den större.

Mn13hWf.jpg

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recension i Japan Times. 4½ av 5 möjliga i betyg. Recensionen "spoilar" originalsagan, typ, om den är obekant för er. ([spoiler=Sagospoiler!?]Gamlingar hittar bäbis i bambu, hittar guld i bambu, blir rika och uppfostrar bäbis till prinsessa, till slut kommer kejsaren och ber om hennes hand varpå hon avslöjar att hon kommer från månen och måste återvända.

)

This is all pretty much from the folk tale, which raises the question of what, beyond their way of telling it, Takahata and his collaborators have brought to it. The film’s tag line, “A princess’ crime and punishment,” offers a clue, while Takahata himself has said he wanted to explore what “crime” Princess Kaguya might have committed, since the original story is silent on that point.

His exploration, though, has little to do with plot, everything to do with his heroine’s emotional and spiritual journey — and the way it ends. Not to enter spoiler territory, but the climax is a haunting, wrenching evocation of mono no aware — or as it is literally translated, the pathos of things. The basis of Japanese aesthetics since time immemorial, mono no aware is hard to define, but “The Tale of Princess Kaguya” brilliantly illuminates it with images of life at its transient loveliest, of parting in its terrible finality.

There is a deep wisdom in this film, but a deep sadness too. If it is Takahata’s farewell, it’s one that will have a long echo, just like his 1,000-year-old source.

Jag har varit ganska ointresserad av filmen, för att jag är ganska ointresserad av filmatiseringar av folksagor i allmänhet, men det där lät faktiskt ganska lockande!

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter